Level 3 – Building Survey
This is the most comprehensive type of residential survey providing a detailed assessment of a property’s condition. The Building Survey report will describe the construction of the property, comment on the condition of each element, highlighting matters of concern and will advise if further investigations by a specialist are required.
External inspection – level of detail by arrangement with the surveyor
- Evidence of major problems e.g. structural movement
- Evidence of major defects
- Roof coverings
- Drain inspection
Internal inspection - level of detail by arrangement with the surveyor
- Damp tests – damp readings taken to accessible areas
- Heavy furniture not moved
- Roof space inspected – with reasonable access
- Sub-floor space inspected
- Doors/window operation checked
- Visual inspection of services, such as electrical equipment or central heating
- Identify construction
- Local issues e.g. mining
- Other factors e.g. legal matters
- Advice on urgency of repairs
- Valuation advice – by arrangement with surveyor
- Insurance valuation – by arrangement with surveyor
A Level 3 could be suitable if:
- You are buying a previously occupied property as we carry out an internal and external inspection - giving you more information on the condition of the property.
- You feel you need peace of mind - we take a closer look at the property and report on issues to give you more detail than just an assessment of value.
- You want a stronger bargaining position - you may be able to negotiate with the seller if you have better knowledge of the property.
- You need personal advice - you can discuss any specific issues or concerns directly with your surveyor.
Other reports and valuations we offer
Level 1 – Valuation
Level 2 – Survey & Valuation